Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Alcatraz review

Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (Alcatraz, #1)Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This series is for young adults, but that shouldn't stop you. It is hilarious. The premise is that librarians are evil, and since they control all the information, they can brainwash. It's all a giant controversy, they even managed to hide away a continent of people who rebel against them. The main character, Alcatraz, finds out that his father is one of these rebels and that his family all has talents (his is to break things...really). Those with talents all have prisons named after them, hence Alcatraz (there are others, but my favorite was a girl named Australia). They fight against the librarians using their supposed talents, and Alcatraz becomes something of a celebrity among the rebels. Brandon Sanderson is really creative with this, like one chapter in one book where they just quote Hamlet when talking. There were several times I burst out laughing. My only real complaint is that the books ended somewhat abruptly, I would love to see more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment